Fixed Route Fares
- Regular KATS fares are $1 for the general public ages 18 to 64
- Reduced fares are $ .50 for those 65 and older, disabled passengers, and military veterans*
- Unlimited Monthly Pass $15 ($20 beginning with October 2018 pass).
- Students ride free with a valid student ID
- Children under the age of 18 ride KATS at no charge.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Dial-A-Ride ADA Van Services
- To get started, you must become certified eligible to use KATS Dial-A-Ride Service.
- Schedule a trip by calling 423.224.2613 between the hours of 8 a.m and 5 p.m., Sunday through Friday.
- Please note that while we do offer same day service on a space available basis, it is always in your best interest to schedule all of your trips at least one day in advance to ensure your trip and time requests. The number to book your trips is 423-224-2613.
Dial-A-Ride 65+ Van Services
Fares for Dial-A-Ride 65+ are $3 each trip and provides shared-ride public transportation to seniors that are age 65 or older within Kingsport’s boundaries.
Dial-A-Ride compliments the existing transit system by providing curb-to-curb, next day transportation service for Kingsport seniors age 65 or older. Click here for more details about DAR 65. *** Zone fees apply, call for details. Same day scheduling on a space-available basis.
How to Use Dial-A-Ride 65
- Register-Simply provide your name, address and phone number.
- Schedule a Trip-Call the day before you want to take a trip and provide the time and the address of the location you want to go.
- Prepare For your Trip-You must have correct fares, as drivers cannot make change. A Medicare card or photo identification with your verified age must be shown at time of boarding vehicle.
- Return Home-Simply Call KATS for a return trip home and the next available vehicle will be sent to pick you up.
- KATS $15 Unlimited Monthly pass –ride the fixed route bus system for one low price all month long. ($20 beginning with October 2018 pass)
- 24-Ticket book $20 advanced ticket purchases save you money
- 24 ticket “Reduced Fares” book $12 for qualifying individuals
- 12 ticket Dial-A-Ride ADA ticket books for $24
- Weekly Bus Pass $5 beginning in October 2018.
- Tickets or correct change for fares are required to ride the bus and must be paid when boarding.
- You must present to driver the appropriate ID card (such as Medicare card, Veteran ID, or birth certificate) upon boarding KATS in order to receive reduced fare.